We Talk Throwing Shade And Perfect Sunglasses With Stylist Cleo Lacey.
Finding the perfect pair of sunglasses can seem like a daunting task, but it is definitely a challenge worth undertaking. Not only is it hugely important that we protect our precious eyes from the sun but they can also become a trademark of your personal style (and hide a multitude of sins!). Take time over your search and try as many different styles as possible. Enjoy the process of finding them, you’ll know the right ones as soon as you put them on you’ll feel amazing. Once you’ve found them, wear them with pride, just not when it’s raining, not sunny, inside or at night (it’s not cool!).
Suggested Top Tips
• Aim to protect your eyes first and foremost. Excessive exposure to UV radiation can cause a variety of problems for your eyes such as cataracts, burns, and cancer.
• Try before you buy. Don’t buy online without doing your research first. There are too many variables to consider and whether or not a style will suit you depends on a great deal more than just knowing your face shape. Go into a shop and test loads of different styles to find what works for you, even if you then go back online to buy your perfect pair for the best price (remember to note the model number).
• Consider your hair colour/skin tone. Coloured frames and lenses can be a fantastic way to inject individuality but, as with clothing, certain colours can drain your complexion or clash with your hair colour. Experimenting is the only sure-fire way to ensure you make the right decision.
• Consider your hair style/length. Hair covers much of our head, so it’s important to remember that it has the potential to completely change the shape of our face. Long hair can often soften features whilst short hair will leave them completely exposed.
• Don’t take the above as gospel. Rules are meant to be broken, so don’t just stick to them if you feel you don’t want to. By all means try different colours, styles and shapes, the advice I have given is never anything more than a guide.
• Remember the classics. Classic frames are considered as such for a reason. They work and have done for decades so don’t be afraid to try a certain style just because lots of other people are already wearing them. Be aware of brands producing updated/limited edition versions of their iconic styles; there are lots of very similar frames available that are only slightly different, but those small changes can make all the difference.
More about Cleo
Cleo Lacey can trace the moment she first fell in love with fashion back to a shopping trip for her first designer handbag on her sixteenth birthday. Working as a Buyer and Image Consultant for high street fashion chains as well as high end designers, including Amanda Wakeley, Cleo now runs her own personal styling and shopping service, helping real men and women to take control of their wardrobe.