Arts Fresco Festival celebrates 15 years of entertainment in Market Harborough
Free street theatre festival to take place on Sunday 10 September 2017 throughout the town centre
Arts Fresco, one of the largest, free street theatre festivals in the UK, will celebrate its 15th anniversary when it returns to Market Harborough in Leicestershire on Sunday 10 September 2017.
This year’s event, taking place in the streets of the town from 11am to 4pm, will feature some intriguing, exciting, fun and interactive performances from professional UK and international street artists.
Artists to appear at Arts Fresco 2017 include:
- Highly-energised street comedy with Garagthy and Thom, winners of last year’s Audience Award
- Deaf Men Dancing – aerial circus, Tango dancing and BSL interpretation
- Mimbre with If I Could I Would, featuring physical and acrobatic theatre
- Feats of strength with the Strong Lady from Australia
- Clowning with La Navet Bete, rammed full of acrobatics, improvisation, live music, audience interaction, circus influences and downright silliness
A children’s village, supported by the Market Harborough Building Society, will feature circus workshops, entertainment and more.
Nina Thomas from the Arts Fresco Organising Committee said: “We’re delighted to reach our 15th anniversary this year and with over 10,000 visitors expected in the town during the day, we hope that they will all be able to join in our celebrations.
“There’s a real range of acts to suit all tastes this year so you’ll be able to laugh, gasp and think as you wander through the streets of the town to see all that’s going on,” continued Nina.
For more information, visit www.artsfresco.com
Arts Fresco is entirely funded by local sponsorship and donations. It is organised by a dedicated team of local people who are passionate about Market Harborough and give their time freely to stage this wonderful event.