Business Festival events selling out with one week to go
Partnered by Leicester Castle Business School, the Business Festival, starts next Monday (23rd October) and runs for two weeks until 3rd November. There are a staggering 154 events in the programme – more than ever before in the Festival’s three-year history. Events are all run by businesses for the benefit of other businesses
Tickets to the events – which will be going on all across Leicester & Leicestershire, have been available for a few weeks now. But with only one week to go, events are now starting to sell out and many only have a few tickets remaining.
There are a number of featured events in the programme which include:
- ‘Retail evolution’ examining ‘differentiation destinations’ where shopping is only an element of the visitor experience – led by Hammersons, the company behind Business Festival sponsors, Highcross Leicester;
- E-commerce conference, that pairs online marketing experts with individuals and e-commerce businesses wanting to learn how their business can thrive in the digital world.
- Getting agriculture fit for Brexit – an opportunity for Leicestershire Farmers to hear from industry experts on the potential impact of Brexit; getting financially fit and reducing reliance on subsidies as well as accessing funding and grant opportunities
- Preparing Leicester Businesses for the Smart Energy Revolution looking at the new developments in smart energy, how businesses can make the most of new opportunities
- A smart travel workshop on how organisations and employees can save money on commuting and business travel through adopting sustainable transport initiatives.
The Business Festival really does have something for everyone from micro-businesses through to large corporates. Most events are completely free to attend.
Scott Knowles, Chair of the Leicester Business Festival Steering Group said: “In our first year as a Community Interest Company, I am delighted to see that there is so much support from the business community for the Festival – whether this has been through partnering and sponsoring, event organising, promoting or being a venue host.
“This year is set to be the biggest and best Leicester Business Festival in its three-year history. With more events than ever before and 12,500 attendees anticipated – including people flying in from Russia, China, USA, France, Greece and even Ecuador it certainly is the region’s largest business event.
“Tickets are all available on the website and I would urge anyone interested in attending to book as soon as possible before they miss out.”
To see all events in the programme, and book tickets visit: www.leicesterbusinessfestival.com.
Along with headline partners, Leicester Castle Business School, the 2017 Festival has the support of well-known business organisations including East Midlands Chamber, LLEP Business Gateway, the Federation of Small Businesses, Highcross Leicester, Brewin Dolphin, Leicester Racecourse and IBM.
Other supporters include East Midlands Trains, IOD, De Montfort University, University of Leicester and media partners, Capital FM, Global Radio FU Media and the Leicester Mercury.