ONLINE EVENT AIMS TO SHAPE FUTURE OF MIDLANDS ECONOMY
Driving sustainable economic growth and delivering transformational place-making in the wake of the COVID pandemic are the focus of an online conference and exhibition on Wednesday May 26.
Invest Midlands is bringing together decision makers and creative thinkers from government, city regions and business to explore the Midlands’ place in the world and showcase the new ideas, insights and analysis that will progress the levelling up agenda.
The interactive programme will include:
- The shape and size of the Midlands economy
- From work to rest and play – the changing face of Midlands city centres
- National, European, International – how can the Midlands Engine power the region onto the world stage?
- The future of automotive – how does the Midlands remain at the front of the global race?
- East/West connectivity – is the Midlands joined up, or two separate islands?
- The Mayor’s vision – keynote session with the West Midlands Mayor
- Pandemic recovery and future
- The Midlands and economic diversity
- The Midlands and global markets – taking the message overseas
- Big ideas to change the Midlands
- What’s next? How we turn ideas into reality