Celebrate the year of the picnic by trying something new with Malvern Cider Co
As more of us meet outdoors, 2020 is fast becoming the year of the socially distanced picnic, so what not try something new with the Malvern Cider Co?
The award-winning Malvern Gold cider is the perfect match for picnic season as we spend time together outdoors.
It has an incredible depth of flavour making it an ideal partner for summer menus. That’s why we’ve partnered with food creator, Bintu from @recipesfromapantry, to create a delicious dish to be accompanied by Malvern Gold cider on an alfresco outing.
Here’s how you make Puff Pastry Tomato Tart
PUFF PASTRY TOMATO TART
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
1 packet of puff pastry sheets
6 tbsp of basil pesto
170g mixed cheese, grated
400g colourful plum tomatoes
20g basil leaves
Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Pesto for serving
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/gas mark 4.
- Cut sheet of pastry in 6 rectangles. Score a border around each piece, leaving 1 cm from the edge.
- Fork through the middle rectangle.
- Transfer the prepared pastry sheets to a lined baking tray.
- Spread the pesto onto the rectangles and sprinkle cheese.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until the edges are crispy and golden.
- Scatter the sliced tomato slices on the pastry rectangles. Top it with basil leaves, season with salt & pepper, drizzle them all with olive oil and serve.
- Pop it in your picnic basket and enjoy with a glass of Malvern Gold!
MORE ON MALVERN GOLD
At this time of year, the apples growing in the shadow of the Hereford and Worcestershire hills are ready to be picked and transformed.
Our skilled cider makers blend these with bittersweet apples including Three Counties, Yarlington Mill and Dabinett to create Malvern Gold, known for its immense character and quality.
Malvern Gold celebrates years of cider-making knowledge combined with modern production methods in every drop. It’s naturally gluten free and free from artificial colours and flavourings.
Malvern Gold is steeped in local flavours and history – yet it gains world-class recognition.
The cider has impressed judges to be awarded with the title of World’s Best Still Cider and has also been awarded a silver medal at the International Cider Challenge in the West Country style category.
Make Malvern Gold the star of your show at picnics, and with our specially created dish to accompany it, you are guaranteed to be the envy of other al fresco diners.
Try Malvern Gold award-winning cider for yourself, available to purchase from www.theciderstore.net