RECIPE: Roast Duck Breast with a Cherry and Orange Glaze
Delicious roast duck paired with a classic orange and cherry sauce, served with baked new potatoes and green beans. Perfect for a special night in.
Prepare: 10 Minutes
Cook: 30 Minutes
2 Gressingham Duck Breasts
1 tbsp honey
300g new potatoes, par-boiled
2 sprigs rosemary
2 tbsps olive oil
1 tsp rock salt
1 clove of garlic
A handful of green beans
Knob of butter
1 large orange, zested & juiced
1 tsp ground ginger
1 tbsp soy sauce
50 ml port
400g frozen black cherries, defrost in the bag and then reserve any juice by passing through a sieve into a separate bowl
1 tbsp cornflour
- Add the par-boiled new potatoes to a roasting dish with the oil, salt, rosemary and the garlic clove, combine together and place in the oven at 180°C to roast for 30 minutes. 2. Score the fat on the duck breasts with a sharp knife, heat a pan and sprinkle in a fine layer of salt (no oil), then add the duck breasts skin-side down, turn down the heat and let the fat slowly render out until the skin is golden and crispy
- Meanwhile, make the sauce by placing the orange juice and zest, ground ginger, soy, port and cherries into a pan and bring to the boil over a heat.
- Combine the cornflour with the reserved cherry juice and add to the pan, reduce the heat and simmer until the sauce thickens. When the skin is crispy, drain the excess fat, and place in the oven at 180°c and cook for 6 minutes.
- Bring a small pan to the boil, add the green beans and cook for 4 minutes. Drain and add the knob of butter and season with salt and pepper.
- Remove the duck breasts from the oven and cover in honey, then leave to rest for 3 minutes. Carve the duck breasts into 4, Serve alongside the new potatoes, green beans and drizzle with the cherry sauce