PHOENIX RISING: LEICESTER VENUE ANNOUNCES REOPENING DATE
After COVID-19 forced Leicester’s Phoenix to close their doors again back in November, they are very excited to announce that they’ll be reopening on Friday 18 June.
On their return, you can expect an exciting programme of the best new independent and world cinema – including films such as Nomadland, Minari and Sound of Metal – plus Stage on Screen, digital art, and learning opportunities. Stay tuned as they are currently in the process of putting together their reopening programme, and tickets will soon be on sale via their website.
The current regulations mean that social distancing, masks and Test & Trace sign-in will all still be required, and they’ll be encouraging pre-booking wherever possible. They’ll also continue to operate with reduced opening hours and fewer screenings each day (as they did in October), but they will keep this all under review as restrictions ease over time.
As ever, your safety, comfort and enjoyment are our their priority, whether you’re going to watch a film, visit the Café Bar, or attend a short course.
What to expect when phoenix reopens:
- Reduced capacity in the screens to allow social distancing, with staggered screening times and allocated seating
- Advance bookings and contactless payments encouraged
- Increased cleaning in all areas
- Hand-sanitising stations throughout the venue
- Reduced capacity in the Café Bar, with table service
- Perspex screens at Box Office and in the Café Bar
- Mask wearing for customers, in line with government guidance
- Weekly listings, available every Tuesday via their e-newsletter and website