BerryWorld Vegan Blackberry & Chocolate Cupcakes Recipe.
These vegan cupcakes are full of chocolatey goodness, the rich chocolatey flavour and the tart blackberries makes a great combination. This is the perfect recipe to try out this National Vegetarian Week (15-21 May 2017) and World Baking Day (17 May 2017) is courtesy of BerryWorld.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 250ml almond milk
- 220g caster sugar
- 80ml rapeseed oil
- 1tbsp vanilla seed paste
- 210g self-raising flour
- 1tsp baking powder
- 30g cocoa powder
- 120g blackberries, chopped if large
For the icing:
- 150g icing sugar
- 20g blackberries plus extra to decorate
What to do:
- Heat the oven to 180C/160C fan and line two bun tins with fairy cake size cases. In a bowl beat together the milk, sugar, oil and vanilla until combined.
- Reserve 2tsp of flour then in a separate bowl sieve together the flour, cocoa and baking powder. Fold the dry ingredients into the wet until all combined. Sprinkle the reserved flour over the blackberries and gently shake them until they’re coated then gently stir into the batter.
- Divide the mixture between the cake cases, bake for 20-24 minutes until the cakes spring back when you gently press the tops. Leave to cool completely.
- While the cakes are cooling, make the icing. Roughly mash the blackberries and stir into the icing sugar.
- When the cakes are cold spread the icing over and top with a whole blackberry.
Note: These work best in smaller fairy cake cases. The cakes can cook and rise quickly without drying out. We’ve used almond milk but you can use any milk you prefer.
|Nutrient||Per 100g||Per Serving||% GDA||Traffic Lights|
|Sat Fat (g)||0.8||0.5||2||Low|
For more recipes like this visit: www.berryworld.com